Saturday 23 March 2013

Easter nails!!

So I thought it was about time to quit my slacking and finally get round to doing my first post on here! And I thought I would start with some Easter/spring themed nails as it is meant to be that time of year... not that the weather knows it :/!
 
I'll be the first to admit, I'm not the most artistic or patient person, so my nails probably wont ever be as good as some of the other posts on here. But the good thing about that is, if I can do it anyone can!
 
I wanted some nice bright spring colours to start this design, so I used Collection 2000 Siren pink, Beauty UK turquoise shimmer, and good old Barry M Vivid Purple. The Barry M is by far the best (look how shiny!) but for cheap makes, the other two are not bad at all (all only just one coat in this photo!).
 

 
Then the next thing that came to mind about spring was Daisy's! So I used a french manicure white to paint a diagonal cross on my thumb, then add a horizontal line across the middle to finish off the petals, and a line of Collection 2000 Shimmy Shake for the stalk. Then to finish off the daisy I added a blob of the same shiny gold in the middle.
 
 
 
The next thing that came to mind about spring was... Easter eggs (!!) and all the cool shiny wrapping they come in.
 
 
 
In my attempt to make the rest of my nails look like Easter eggs, I went for Collection 2000 shimmy shake dotted patterns, which I think stood out best on the Barry M purple nail by far! To do this I used the pointy end of a pencil as a make shift dotting tool! :/ (I really need to get round to buying a proper one). But I think it turned out okay, and now I have a nice glittery gold pencil too! :).
 
Hope you like my spring inspired nails, and I'm hoping they may also inspire the weather to get it's act together!
 
Abbi. XxxX
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment