Monday 1 April 2013

Easter Fun!


~Easter is a time for cute and lovely new arrivals in the animal world, so here is our nod to Mother Nature!~

Time to get FROGGYYYY!

These frog are gonna have you hopping with excitement!
I decided to create the cutest frogs you will ever see... and they are definitely the cutest frogs I'VE ever seen!
I used a nude polish for the background colour with an incredibly froggy green for the little faces. To make the eyes I used a dotting tool dipped in white and then black polish.

And then the ingenious part... I used a good old Biro to draw on the mouths. Which is a technique I recommend as long as you have a steady hand and a smooth writer. I will defo be using this in other designs as it worked a treat!!




Get your GIRAFFE on!

So as giraffes are one of my favorite animals I felt the need to put them on my nails and what better time than easter?!

I did a bit of research into previous designs for this and found a lovely detailed giraffe head which inspired my thumb nail (http://nailartgallery.nailsmag.com/nailsbydina/photo/278093/tinas-giraffe-nails), but I also wanted it to have a neck! So this was my result...

To create this design I used my nailart brushes for the first time, which I bought recently for pennies off ebay, and I hope you'll agree it didn't go too badly!

I began with a pale base of a silvery white colour, then I used a thin layer of gold to create the shape of the giraffe. For the detail, I simply used Barry M's Mushroom and Black with various sizes of brushes. As well as a green and pink for the tree that it's peeping from.

I have enjoyed creating this design but it took me a while, so if you want to try it, or something similar, just make sure you have the time so you don't have to rush as we don't want this design GIRAFFING YOU CRAZY!!




-Leah and Heather



p.s. Sorry for the animal puns...
...but it was just so much pun!





1 comment: