Sunday 10 March 2013

Sunday Night Nails

SO, i think i might make this Sunday night thing a feature! These nails are have been my weekend nails but i'm only getting round to posting them now, so they have become the Sunday night post!

The Nails below were specifically for a 'retro sportswear' themed social for the Gymnastics club. This theme pretty much suited me cus all my clothes are retro sportswear!! But anyway, i have a jacket with these colours on and decided to do this retro-ish design. I am sure i have this design in my head because i saw it on a blog once, so if i copied you i am SOOOOO sorry! i did look at all my favorites on my google reader to try and find the inspiration, so if it is you, i would love to give you credit!!


I got a new holographic polish from the boots 17 range, 'holo' (which is actually pretty good) which i was dying to try out, so thats what i have gone for on the accent nails. I started off with a base coat of 'mini skirt' from the boots 17 range to lighten up the other colours as i knew they didn't have great coverage. Then i used a barry m nail paint (borrowed from my housemate so i cant remember the colour name) and a nails inc. mini from a set i got at Christmas  The purple triangles are Barry M Gelly Plum which i love. I used tape to get the triangles sharp as possible. 

On a side note - mini-review of nails inc. nail varnish - RUBBISH! lol, i got the set of mini's from boots for Christmas this year, and although i am thankful to have more colours, they cannot be used as a base in a design ever as they need 4 or more coats to look half decent! Not good at all, ill be sticking to Barry M in the future!!!

Have a good week!
- Faye.



2 comments:

  1. Love these ones faye. They have to be my faves! Love the holographic trianges. Gunna have to get me some of that! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these ones faye. They have to be my faves! Love the holographic trianges. Gunna have to get me some of that! Xx

    ReplyDelete