Tuesday 28 May 2013

Say hi to Snoopy!

I am a big fan of snoopy, I often draw him, I've even painted him on my bedroom wall, so it was about time he turned up on my nails! I searched for 'snoopy nail art' on google and this design turned up (http://www.flickr.com/photos/natsy_/5985857392/) I thought it was super cute and fancied the challenge of the detail. It took me about 1 1/2 hour to complete but was also chatting whilst doing it.
I'm so so pleased with the result!


For this wonderfully fun design I used Barry M blue for the base, with white for the clouds and Snoopy. Barry M mushroom and yellow created Snoopy's accessories and a Natural Collection silver for his glasses. The kennel used Nina ultra pro red fox. Rimmels matte top coat finished off the look and made it slightly more cartoony.




The design was created purely with dotting tools, I find them best for precision work even though I have a collection of brushes too, if possible I'll always opt for the dotters! The black outline of the design was created with a black biro! I considered using liquid eyeliner instead but the biro was closer to hand, although it did slightly smudge when the top coat was going on so watch out for that (I think I may have been slightly impatient to finish it so should have let it dry slightly longer).

I love creating cartoony nails, so watch this space for more to be added to the collection!

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment