Thursday 3 October 2013

Blue marble effect nails

Hello Nailsketeer followers,


These nails were inspired by the sea, and the ripples and waves of water that flow through seaweed and around rocks in tide pools. Poetic maybe, but an elegant and magical design definitely. 




To create this look I used all the blue colours I had. The colours ranged from light blue, through turquoise (light and dark) right to navy blue. 

I used the standards brushes which came with the polishes and dabbed colour in random dabs and swipes on to my nails. There was no set design instead I just wanted to create a mix of colours. 

I started with a clear base coat to protect the nail and give the design something to grip on to. I used a light blue base and waited for it to dry, then started with the darker colours moving through to the lighter ones. 

I purposely painted over some of the underneath colours to give depth to the design, and it gives each nail an original and slightly different design. 




To create the movement of the water I used a striper in a light metallic blue and starting at the bottom, I striped upwards creating a wave towards the top of my nail. In the picture you can see the wavy lines I made on my thumb nail the clearest. 

To finish the design I dabbed a blue and a turquoise glitter to add the sparkle and shine of the sun on the top of the water. 

This is one of my favourite designs but it did take a few trial runs to get the design how I wanted it. I found the addition of glitter is what made the design so beautiful and alluring. I got so many compliments with this design, even my male friends couldn't help but grab my fingers and look at them closely (little bit weird but hey, its a compliment).

Because it is mostly a 'dab here and a dab there' job, this design takes no time at all to do. Be as messy as you like but I bet they will always look magnificent! Have fun with these 

Leah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment