Tuesday 24 December 2013

Snowy christmas-y scene with cheeky rudolph



This is a little more of a complicated design which will take a bit more time to do, but the final product is just stunning! (a compliment I got today). But the amount of detail you include is completely up to you. 


To start I painted my nails a solid blue, I chose this blue because it looked like the sky on a winters evening. 

I then used a white shimmery striper to lay snow at the bottom of the nail. To make it look more like freshly fallen snow, I feathered the edge of the snow instead of having a harsh straight line. 


To make the trees  I used a green shimmery colour - by using a shimmery green it creates highlights and lowlights which look like individual leaves. I like detail and depth in a nail design, as you can probably tell.
Start by drawing a vertical line where you want to tree to be using a art brush and then dab the polish on starting from the bottom and working up to the top. As you get further up, make the dab smaller and smaller to create the rough triangle shape. 

To make the Rudolph, I used a medium brown and a dotting tool. I used little dabs to make the two legs first, then the body, and finally the head and ears. Having a picture of a reindeer to look at while you can do this may help get a better result. Because as much as you think you know what a reindeer looks like, when you come to painting one on your nails, you may forget the details. Its very odd, but it happened to me!

Remember to include the antlers, I used black for them so they would stand out against the blue background. And remember a red nose to make the reindeer Rudolph, I used a red glitter polish.

Next I used the largest dotting tool I had to make the moon with a white polish. 
To create the craters, I mixed white and black polish to make a light grey. I then dabbed the grey on with a little art brush. 

The final step was to make it snow!! I used my smallest dotting tool dipped in a white polish and then dotted snow flakes randomly over my nails. 


This have been the longest explanation I have ever done for the blog, but I think if you want to spend a bit more time on your nail design, it is definitely a design that anyone have a go at - even if you haven't done many detailed designs before. 


I hope you enjoy this design!


Merry Christmas!!!!


--Leah 


No comments:

Post a Comment