Monday 23 December 2013

Christmas presents

These nails celebrate the art of wrapping presents...

 I love to have loads of matching wrapping paper, ribbons, bows and tags! I can spend hours wrapping presents to get perfect and colour coordinated gift. But every year I seem to forget that the care and time I put in to lovingly wrapping gifts, will only be sabotaged by an eager and excited recipient on Christmas morning. 

To solve my short lived art dilemma, I decided to create some present designs on my nails that may last a little longer. 

Here we go...


I used five different base colours, you can used any colour that is Christmas-y or that tickles your fancy.

To give the design a little more detail - I put dots, stripes, little curled lines (like leopard print) and glitter on the base colours. Feel free to do any design you want, you could do diagonal lines or stars for instance. Make it your own!

Then I used a gold glittery striper to make the ribbon and bows. I painted them on slightly to one corner to give enough room for the bow to 'hang'. 

I love this design and will definitely be doing it again next year too!

--Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment